6 replies to this topic

#1 LAURENCEAUX

LAURENCEAUX

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 16 July 2024 - 03:12 pm

433890418_983924659821119_87315767735629I cleaned the old girl up for our first week away in May (Kendle) and it pissed all week. With this years weather it will be xmas 2024 before I get back to this state. I like a clean bike but getting too old/lazy to do it too often. Does yours just get an annual service and clean?

Edited by LAURENCEAUX, 17 July 2024 - 01:28 am.

#2 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 16 July 2024 - 04:15 pm

Last time out on mine it rained. It's still in the same state, which isn't that bad, it came back in.

Still needs a MOT but got to sort a fork seal first. 

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#3 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• 1,815 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 16 July 2024 - 04:44 pm

433890418_983924659821119_87315767735629I cleaned the old girl up for our first week away in May (Kendle) and it pissed all week. With this years weather it will be xmas 2024 before I get back to this state. I like a clean bike but getting too old/lazy to do it too often. Does yours just get an annual service and clean? Riggers' bike is always tip-top because he's a perfectionist.

Last time mine looked that clean was around 2006 and 60k miles ago. These days it gets a snow foam and rinse unless it’s particularly dirty in which case a bucket and sponge will come out too. 

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Roadsmart 4s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

#4 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,727 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 16 July 2024 - 08:50 pm

Impressively clean

I'm not the most fastidious owner from a visual perspective, but then it was already an old bike by the time I bought it.

Mechanically speaking though, rock solid I believe.

But visually, a long way from that one above :)

Edited by fixitsan, 16 July 2024 - 08:51 pm.

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#5 LAURENCEAUX

LAURENCEAUX

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 16 July 2024 - 11:59 pm

Impressively clean

I'm not the most fastidious owner from a visual perspective, but then it was already an old bike by the time I bought it.

Mechanically speaking though, rock solid I believe.

But visually, a long way from that one above :)

Ah Fixitsan, we speak again - are you maybe still up for an NI tour as we spoke of months ago? Are you still coming to Beverley now and again?

Edited by LAURENCEAUX, 17 July 2024 - 12:00 am.

#6 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,727 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 17 July 2024 - 02:55 pm

Ah Fixitsan, we speak again - are you maybe still up for an NI tour as we spoke of months ago? Are you still coming to Beverley now and again?

I was in Bev 10 days ago, just a quick overnighter though.

It's been manic this year and I'm about to get busy with machine installations in Scotland so I might have to make NI wait. If I do go to Ireland then the south would be my preference, Kilkenny for a night, then on to the Wild West Way/Atlantic Way !

On topic for the thread, I had some great weather last week, but that was because I was in Nice and Monaco :)

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#7 LAURENCEAUX

LAURENCEAUX

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 17 July 2024 - 05:50 pm

I was in Bev 10 days ago, just a quick overnighter though.

It's been manic this year and I'm about to get busy with machine installations in Scotland so I might have to make NI wait. If I do go to Ireland then the south would be my preference, Kilkenny for a night, then on to the Wild West Way/Atlantic Way !

On topic for the thread, I had some great weather last week, but that was because I was in Nice and Monaco :)

Lucky you Fixitsan, there's some nice roads down there. The Irish trip will not be until late August / early Sept., so I'll raise it again nearer then to get the updated picture. TTFN.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users