• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 curlylegend

curlylegend

Carpe Addict

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Location:West of France, south of the Loire...the good bit !
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted Today, 11:10 am

It looks like the only manufacturer and supplier of Engine Bars for early 3vd TDM 850's are RD-Moto in Czech Republic  www.rdmoto.cz 

I emailed an order on 5th August 2024 and they eventually arrived, well packed and protected, on 26th September.  No problem with the quality of the bars, but communication is a bit sparse ?  The order was confirmed by email but there was no response to enquiries about delivery date. Anyway, all sorted now.

The fitting instructions were fine, the only problem I had was with one of the M10 bolts for the right hand side, it was 20mm too long.  I cut it down to 90mm and extended the thread, fairly straightforward.  The trickiest part was fitting the front cross bolt and getting the alloy sump guard to fit.

In hindsight, that was a problem that didn't really exist !

I've attached some photos for anyone interested.

Attached File  27.09 RD Moto Engine Bars for TDM 850 fitted at St Pere en Retz (2).JPG   146.41KB   0 downloads

Attached File  27.09 RD Moto Engine Bars for TDM 850 fitted at St Pere en Retz (3).JPG   153.7KB   0 downloads

Attached File  27.09 RD Moto Engine Bars for TDM 850 fitted at St Pere en Retz (4).JPG   154.81KB   0 downloads

Attached File  26.09 Fitting instructions for RD Moto Engine Bars for TDM 850 (1).JPG   110.23KB   0 downloads

Attached File  26.09 Fitting instructions for RD Moto Engine Bars for TDM 850 (2).JPG   98.48KB   0 downloads

#2 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,186 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted Today, 12:45 pm

Very noice.

It gives yer tdm a scared face (pic 2).
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Trebor