• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kaare

kaare

arrived on last train

• 4 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:12 pm

I have problems with my ABS break system on my 2005 TDM900A.

When turning on ignition ABS light is on as normal and off when i start engine.

all seem normal but on road test  break locks. I tested rear break and it locks on short break, but when i really hit hard on the  breaks the ABS Kicked in, but the problem now is that the break does not release totally. Had this problem ones last year, flushed break fluid and changed pads, no problem rest of that season.

Now i have gone trough caliper and main cylinder and all work fine. when re-assembling i'm not able to push any fluids trough to bleed the system, even if i stand with full body weight on break i'm not able to lock back wheel.

to me it sounds like there is a block in the ABS module or that both vents in the ABS module are locked and not allowing any fluids through. 

Front wheel is all normal but not sure if ABS works as it did lock on a short test yesterday

any one have any good ideas on how to proceed?

could it be that the ABS module has to be bleed in a special way? ( air inside ABS module that locks the vents??

is it possible to repair the ABS module?

suggestions to where to find second hand ABS module?

any suggestions are presiated

#2 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,255 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 05 April 2016 - 03:14 pm

Gn Moto in France have some ABS items.

http://www.gn-moto.c...s&submit_search=

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#3 kaare

kaare

arrived on last train

• 4 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 06 April 2016 - 07:10 am

so, tested some  more and the problem is within the ABS block. the vent for the rear break gets stuck. i can reopen it by changing the direction on the fluid  but when set to correct flow and bleed it gets stuck again as soon as the ABS kicks in, leading to the break wont release properly.

Question then is: are there any way of opening the vent to clean it?

had a look through http://www.gn-moto.c...s&submit_search= ,  but sadly no ABS module for the TDM

#4 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,255 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 06 April 2016 - 10:55 am

JBX has some service documents you can download from his site, you'll need to register to download but it's free.  :)

http://www.jbx9.16mb...x.php?page=DOCS

Check out the TDM900A 2005 Supplement ABS document.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ABS, Breaks;

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users