1 reply to this topic

#1 mh1848

mh1848

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 20 May 2016 - 02:52 pm

Has anyone ever successfully used one of the head stock stands to lift the TDM Mk1? Not having a centre stand the head stand lift seemed ideal

the one i got was Warrior from Demon Tweeks (but all the versions i have seen except for those in the Moto GP paddock! look the same) - had to also buy pin to fit TDM headstock - so what happens - not a lot - you watch the videos -  a guy strolls in and one handed attaches head stand and lifts off ground - not only does it find it hard to clear to get it, but is too short to lift bike :rant: :rant: :rant:

asked Demon Tweeks and they said strange must be one of the few bikes it does not lift because of height - asked me to phone them to try and come to an arrangement - not got round to it yet - but thought i would ask - anuone else had same experience - or anyone managed to get one to lift the TDM?

cheers

Muir

TDM 1991 - two into one micron mated with a A16 Road and Race Supplies Stainless short can - Conti Road Attacks - Kagazume Wavy Rear Disc - Bagster tank cover - homemade sheepskin seat cover on top of custom seat cover - NonFango topbox on homemade mount - custom fusebox - very loud airhorn and cyclone alarm

#2 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,261 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:34 pm

What a pain eh.

Seem to recall Lee Henty having to extend a headstock stand as it was too short.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: head stand, triple tree lift, TDM, Warrior

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users