11 replies to this topic

#1 Trebor

Trebor

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 02 September 2024 - 07:06 pm

After around a year looking I now have a late registered MK1 on a N plate in the rare mauve colour.

Picked it up last weekend and started to service it

Good strong engine but the normal problem with the suspension.

Forks need a rebuild but not a problem because have done the forks several times before.

Rear shock has been replaced to a YSS but this is shot

Does anyone Have a rear shock for a MK 1

Every think else on the bike is fairly good and should have it on the road with in a month or two

Another one saved 

#2 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,183 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 02 September 2024 - 07:27 pm

Noice. I don't have any shocks in useable condition but if ewe need oubt else I may have it.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#3 LAURENCEAUX

LAURENCEAUX

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 02 September 2024 - 10:29 pm

Pics please ...

#4 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 10,807 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 03 September 2024 - 07:25 am

Congrats, mk1 the bizz, found MShock a good choice.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#5 Trebor

Trebor

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 04 September 2024 - 06:04 pm

The yss shock can be rebuilt so its of TTech for a rebuild then forks out this weekend, not sure how to get photos from my phone to here

#6 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,529 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 04 September 2024 - 07:39 pm

...not sure how to get photos from my phone to here

This might help:

http://www.carpe-tdm...showtopic=37300

1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#7 Trebor

Trebor

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 07 September 2024 - 08:09 am

The rear shock is off and sent to T-Tech for refurb, He did the rear shock for me on my KTM and did a great job so should be ok.

Started on the forks which have no damping at all and was amazed when I took the tops off, The rod that adjusts the damping is missing,

I think its called the dip rod or diver, I don't think you can buy these any more so the big question is anybody have any of these or know where I can get some

#8 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,183 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 07 September 2024 - 10:39 am

Noice. I don't have any shocks in useable condition but if ewe need oubt else I may have it.

I may have some.

Also if you are making everything look noice,. I asked Lee to make me a rebuild kit for the adjusters... You know the knarled flat head marshmallow atop the shock. I made a post aboot it somewhere.
Ear

http://www.carpe-tdm...l=&fromsearch=1

Pictures of Lee rebuilds kit fitted on page 2 ear:

http://www.carpe-tdm...ic=26484&page=1
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#9 Trebor

Trebor

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 07 September 2024 - 11:44 am

That would be great if you have some, I will have a wait a week or so until I can get the forks out completely because I have the bike suspended from the shed roof because the rear shock is out.

When the shock come back I will completely strip the front and see what else is missing

#10 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,833 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 07 September 2024 - 11:54 am

Started on the forks which have no damping at all and was amazed when I took the tops off, The rod that adjusts the damping is missing,
I think its called the dip rod or diver, I don't think you can buy these any more so the big question is anybody have any of these or know where I can get some

Couldn' that be as a result of installed aftermarket valve, like the RaceTech Gold valves? I installed them on my Mk1, but can't remember if the adjusters were actually deletd. They sure did on the 9er, but that were the Gold Valve Emulators so maybe different

Edited by Bjørge, 07 September 2024 - 11:55 am.

Bjørge

#11 Trebor

Trebor

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 07 September 2024 - 12:44 pm

This is a photo from the ad when I got the bikeAttached File  IMG_3816.PNG   706.2KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_3853.jpg   595.4KB   0 downloads Work in progress, The fork tops are standard, managed to free them off but a bit chewed upAttached File  IMG_3853.jpg   595.4KB   0 downloads

#12 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,727 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 08 September 2024 - 09:21 am

Couldn' that be as a result of installed aftermarket valve, like the RaceTech Gold valves? I installed them on my Mk1, but can't remember if the adjusters were actually deletd. They sure did on the 9er, but that were the Gold Valve Emulators so maybe different

:good: That was in my mind too

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users