#1 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted Today, 04:47 pm

Can anyone recommend a company (or companies) for European cover for breakdowns for my ageing though well preserved bike (2013) and travel insurance including riding said bike for my ageing and not so well preserved body. Seems that they are wanting stupid money or dont want to know.

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland Spain.
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present .Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards ,givi engine bars ,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator, shortened dogbones, LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits, Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda. Lots of stainless/titanium.

#2 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• 1,817 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted Today, 04:58 pm

I don’t know if you still can, but you could get euro cover from the ADAC group. Although primarily German, they’d provide full euro cover. However, age and value of bike will likely be an issue as pretty much without exception, the limit on repatriation will be the value of the bike if the breakdown requires it. 

No idea with the travel insurance as I haven’t been over on the bike for several years. The only suggestion I can make is to try Adrian Flux. A lot of our RoSPA lot are a: old and b: head off to Europe on a regular basis and often mention Adrian Flux. 

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Roadsmart 4s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

#3 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,759 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted Today, 05:59 pm

Thanks, Trev. I'll give them a try.

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland Spain.
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present .Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards ,givi engine bars ,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator, shortened dogbones, LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits, Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda. Lots of stainless/titanium.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users