dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,184 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 03 August 2024 - 04:17 pm

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

I had graunchy slug brakes long before brakes were due.

Since OEM no longer available, I fit brembo pads/discs and this is probably the 3rd or 4th set. Pads and discs always changed together.

My graunchy noise is from the inner edge of the offside disc.

Here are the pics:

Attached File  Screenshot_20240803-170430.png   1.32MB   0 downloads-170430.png]Attached File  Screenshot_20240803-170524.png   1.37MB   1 downloads
Attached File  Screenshot_20240803-170543.png   1.28MB   0 downloads

Pads are probably 30% worn.

Looks to me loike manufacturing error but interested in opinions afore I go growl.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#2 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,395 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 03 August 2024 - 05:34 pm

Stuck piston? Do brakes pull to one side?

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#3 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 03 August 2024 - 07:26 pm

Nah brakes bang on SB. One piston per caliper moves freely and I service the sloiders every time. All moves freely and pad wear even on all pads.

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#4 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,833 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 03 August 2024 - 07:42 pm

Front? Rear?
Bjørge

#5 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 03 August 2024 - 09:29 pm

Front bjorgey. Good ole drums on rear.

#6 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,833 posts

Posted 04 August 2024 - 10:23 am

Then that's utterly strange. Being on the inside means it's on the piston side, right? If so, this rules out slider pin problem as outer surface is smooth'n shiny. Can't think of any other problem than disk itself, as you point out...
Bjørge

#7 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 04 August 2024 - 01:59 pm

Yes bjorgey. One huge inboard piston. Everything is absolutely free moving and no stickyness.

The clumps on the surface look like a metal defect to my untrained eyes. Either that or some massive sticky contamination. No leaks of grease or oil anywhere.

Oil tek em back and see what they say...not a lot I guess.

I have replaced with exact same parts as they were already in my stockpile..see how they do

#8 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 06 August 2024 - 04:07 pm

Returned and accepted as a faulty disc. Even suggested I could claim for labour costs... Of which I had none, just glad to get new'uns.

#9 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,833 posts

Posted 07 August 2024 - 06:20 am

Result!😎
Bjørge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users