• Please log in to reply
396 replies to this topic

#121 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:13 pm

QUOTE(TeDeum @ Tue 2nd Dec 2008, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I always liked the Honda CB500 - virtually trouble free, runs like a sensible bike up to 9K then goes a bit mental for a 500, handles well, easy to maintain and it's a twin!
you have just named that tune in one!!!! CB500's are brilliant boikes, saw one with over 200,000 miles on it a few years back and all it needed was a few camchains and a new clutch !
QUOTE(Dannyboy @ Sat 29th Nov 2008, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has Mrs Wicky passed her test yet?
she be doin her CBT this ferry friday, prolly do the DAS in Jan i suppose. I want her to buy a MKI Fazer 600 laugh.gif

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#122 stormy

stormy

RIP stormy

• Members
  • 1,637 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 03 December 2008 - 10:02 pm

OK, coming back to the point of the thread ....

TDM RTT09...

Where exactly?
When exactly?

Not the German Treffen, as I'm doing the Thunderace Treffen (Bitburg/Mosel) in June, the V Strom in August (provisionally), so need to fill July with away days.

(And I don't do camping, will want a B+B at the minimum, or a 5* for the same price if available.)

Mike
(and probably Andrea)
RIP STORMY - killed by careless driver Oct 2009

currently owned ....
1996 YAMAHA TRX850 gone away for little holiday with Andrea
1997 YAMAHA TDM850 which are obviously an acquired taste. I fink I'm starting to get it now.....
1998 DUCATI 748 ... one way of keeping an old man broke.
1999 YAMAHA Thunderace there is STILL no finer motorcycle
2008 SUZUKI Bandit 1250SA ...... fecked by yours truly, but ......... still fitted with the worlds most uncomfortable bike seat. ouch!

#123 TeDeum

TeDeum

age(d) by almonds

• 1,736 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 03 December 2008 - 10:29 pm

QUOTE(stormy @ Wed 3rd Dec 2008, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK, coming back to the point of the thread ....

TDM RTT09...

Where exactly? http://www.motocamp.com/motocamp.nsf
When exactly? July 4th -July11th.

2001 TDM. 1990 Serow. 2004 DRZ400.  3 bikes, four cylinders. Who needs more?

Visit My Website

"Caelum non animum mutant qui trans mare current" Horace.

"A Pint of Plain is Your Only Man"

Founder of TSRMCMAS.

#124 stormy

stormy

RIP stormy

• Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:31 pm

Ta muchly!

currently owned ....
1997 YAMAHA TDM850 which are obviously an acquired taste. I fink I'm starting to get it now.....
2008 SUZUKI Bandit 1250SA ...... fecked by yours truly, but ......... still fitted with the worlds most uncomfortable bike seat. ouch!

#125 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:07 pm

May have typed this before:

I'm getting the Ferry to Santander. Riding 500 miles to my Best Friend in Tossa de Mar, Nr Gerona. Spend a few days catching up with him. Then heading up North and over the Mountains stopping at Andorra. Onwards to meet the Carpe Crew in France.

Its a plan. good.gif

#126 stu

stu

full o shoite

• 2,060 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 11 December 2008 - 02:04 pm

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Wed 10th Dec 2008, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
May have typed this before:

I'm getting the Ferry to Santander. Riding 500 miles to my Best Friend in Tossa de Mar, Nr Gerona. Spend a few days catching up with him. Then heading up North and over the Mountains stopping at Andorra. Onwards to meet the Carpe Crew in France.

Its a plan. good.gif

Hmmmm. Not a bad plan - mileage from Santander to the campsite would be less than from the channel.

You looking at the Portsmouth boat on the 1st July?

Stu

#127 stormy

stormy

RIP stormy

• Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 07:57 pm

Another probably daft question, well 2 actually, er ....

Is it "compulsdory" to do the whole week? i.e. 4 to 11? (I'm only thinking that I will have literally only just got back for the Thunderace Meeting a week prior, so leave might be a problem).

and,

Is it a "guys only" type of trip? Again, I'm only asking cos of the photos I've seen, never seen a girlie type there, (unless they are the ones taking the photos like). Put it another way, is Andrea welcome if she wants to come along? Maybe even with her TRX?

mike

currently owned ....

#128 TeDeum

TeDeum

age(d) by almonds

• 1,736 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 08:56 pm

QUOTE(stormy @ Sun 14th Dec 2008, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another probably daft question, well 2 actually, er ....

Is it "compulsdory" to do the whole week? i.e. 4 to 11? (I'm only thinking that I will have literally only just got back for the Thunderace Meeting a week prior, so leave might be a problem).

and,
Is it a "guys only" type of trip? Again, I'm only asking cos of the photos I've seen, never seen a girlie type there, (unless they are the ones taking the photos like). Put it another way, is Andrea welcome if she wants to come along? Maybe even with her TRX?
mike

Mike you can come and go as you please. There will deffo be several ladies at this one with their own bikes or as pillions. They will be more than welcome.

Visit My Website

Founder of TSRMCMAS.

#129 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 15 December 2008 - 02:43 pm

QUOTE(stormy @ Sun 14th Dec 2008, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Put it another way, is Andrea welcome if she wants to come along? Maybe even with her TRX?

hutch normally turns up on his trx and he takes longer than any women to get ready....

turn up for as much or as little of the time as you want, we wont hold you hostage
just make sure you book the correct dates with the organiser/hotel/B&B etc

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#130 poldark

poldark

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 15 December 2008 - 03:33 pm

Just trying to organise things and get a one week pass from SWMBO.

Checking out the Portsmouth - Cherbourg SeaCat crossing for Fri 3rd July, but the morning one's already full so it'd be the 15.45 departure.

I'd like to just see what people reckon about riding down leaving that late, the alternative is the Thurs crossing but that's £30 more and another overnight,.

Anyone else planning on a Fri pm depart from Portsmouth?

Cheers drinks.gif
'03 silver TDM 900 with V-Strom handguards, GS1150 bar risers, givi box, baglux tank cover, PC III USB with K&N air filter, S/S rad guard, crash bungs, Tigerscreen, iridium plugs, braided front hoses, OEM centre stand, 15W fork oil & 10mm yoke drop, tutoro oiler & sheepskin seat cover! Gone but not forgotten!

#131 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 05:44 pm

Depending on my timing I will have a spare double bed here in Reading if anyone from up North needs an overnighter before the Ferry. rolleyes.gif

Edited by CatsBum, 15 December 2008 - 07:43 pm.

#132 stormy

stormy

RIP stormy

• Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 07:11 pm

If I'm (we) are able to make it, I expect we'll take the overnight ferry to Santander, and ride up to the site, its "only" 400 miles, starting in the sun!

Then when we leave, head back up to Calais, and thus makinga round trip rather than a boring there-and-back route.

Mike

currently owned ....

#133 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 08:15 pm

QUOTE(stu @ Thu 11th Dec 2008, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmmm. Not a bad plan - mileage from Santander to the campsite would be less than from the channel.

You looking at the Portsmouth boat on the 1st July?

Stu

Yes. I am now booked on the PONT AVEN, Leaving Portsmouth to Santander 11:00 1st July.

I'm Going!!!

Err, sorry,,, got carried away there.

Want to join me for the crossing?
Welcome to stay over the night before, don't know where you are.

There now

cats

RTT Mod:
I want to travel as light as poss, (hard when your a fat basser I know,) but how do we book a Chalet on the Site Please/

Edited by CatsBum, 15 December 2008 - 09:16 pm.

#134 TeDeum

TeDeum

age(d) by almonds

• 1,736 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:36 pm

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Mon 15th Dec 2008, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
RTT Mod:
I want to travel as light as poss, (hard when your a fat basser I know,) but how do we book a Chalet on the Site Please/

Hi Martin,

I was talking to the owner last week to see what availability will be like for the week we will be there and he says it is OK at the moment. I told him I thought we would have some idea of the numbers going after Christmas and he was happy with that. You can book direct with him through the site or wait and see if we can get something off. At the moment one person, tent and bike is €10 (but it doesn't say if this is per day) Cabin (looks like a wooden garden shed!) with 2 beds and matresses is €10 per person per night and a caravan with all the gas, lecky and water and double bed is €350 for the week - would have been €250 a week earlier! When I first contacted him last August he was willing to give discounts to us as a group so I was hoping to pitch this to him when we had an idea about the numbers. I'll book my spot after Christmas.

If you go to the site you can see what is on offer.

Visit My Website

Founder of TSRMCMAS.

#135 stu

stu

full o shoite

• 2,060 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:28 am

Thanks for the offer cats, can I take a rain cheque on that? Planning 7 months early is not normal for me, and I am still researching options, Ireland-France, Irelaqnd-England-France, Ireland-England-Spain. If TeDeum comes up with a cunning plan I might look at tagging along with him cos I's only a cupla hours away.

Stu

Yes. I am now booked on the PONT AVEN, Leaving Portsmouth to Santander 11:00 1st July.

I'm Going!!!

There now

cats

RTT Mod:

Stu

#136 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2008 - 04:01 pm

Ive had my leave confirmed today so Im a happy bunny. Ive been busy sorting out the bike for touring as I only had a small top box for last years G2G in Germany. Finally received and fitted the Givi tubular system with the wing mounts for the top box. Gone for a double helmet box and 21 Litre panniers. They are not the biggest but they will do. Reckon I will wait till after crimbo and book the site. Any one fancy shairing a shed save dragging the tent all the way down . I only snore if Im pished.
http://i216.photobuc...ck/100_1394.jpg
http://i216.photobuc...ck/100_1393.jpg
http://i216.photobuc...ck/100_1392.jpg
http://i216.photobuc...ck/100_1391.jpg
Thought the exhaust may be a bit close but ive been out for a couple of hours including motorway and it appears fine.

#137 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• 3,456 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 16 December 2008 - 07:17 pm

Stu

I'm Going!!!

There now

cats

RTT Mod:

Don't want to piss on your firework Cats - But the Pont aven sails from PLYMOUTH, not Portsmouth,
so allow a couple of hours extra for your journey down mate good.gif

Fantastic boat though - you should really enjoy it - especially if you allow yourself an extra couple of days to do the Picos badgrock.gif

Sorry -I should check things first you are right, they've moved it to Portsmouth for next year & are doing BOTH routes
Good news for next year then with twice as many boats !

Edited by sidestand, 16 December 2008 - 07:22 pm.

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
'76 Suzuki GT500 Stroker in need of a rebuild
'80 Yamaha XT250 mudplugger
another '81 XT250
'91 BMW R80GS - this one really will do a RTW trip
'05 BMW K1200S - inline four with a shaft
'10 BMW R1200GSA Anniversary Edition
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
'00 Triumph Adventurer - Cruiser with a difference - British & a triple
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

1996 Kawasaki KH125 Stroker

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

#138 Hutch

Hutch

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 18 December 2008 - 04:41 pm

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Mon 15th Dec 2008, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hutch normally turns up on his trx and he takes longer than any women to get ready....

turn up for as much or as little of the time as you want, we wont hold you hostage
just make sure you book the correct dates with the organiser/hotel/B&B etc

bloody cheek tony, i don't take that long.......................well, i suppose i do sometimes!! I have to look my best tho man, even if i have got a lid on!!!!
TRX - Red/Black, 2000, sunny day toy and commute to work if weather is good
TDM - Red, 1991, touring bike and commute to work if weather not so great

#139 poldark

poldark

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 18 December 2008 - 04:51 pm

Reckon I will wait till after crimbo and book the site. Any one fancy shairing a shed save dragging the tent all the way down . I only snore if Im pished.

Won't know about work leave till beginning of Jan, already have the OK from SWMBO, but I'd certainly want a shed spot rather than canvas so would be up for sharing.

I don't snore at all, but my wife always bursts out laughing whenever I say that - no idea why! laugh.gif
'03 silver TDM 900 with V-Strom handguards, GS1150 bar risers, givi box, baglux tank cover, PC III USB with K&N air filter, S/S rad guard, crash bungs, Tigerscreen, iridium plugs, braided front hoses, OEM centre stand, 15W fork oil & 10mm yoke drop, tutoro oiler & sheepskin seat cover! Gone but not forgotten!

#140 jht

jht

has been here 4ever

• 1,769 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 18 December 2008 - 04:55 pm

QUOTE(Hutch @ Thu 18th Dec 2008, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bloody cheek tony, i don't take that long.......................well, i suppose i do sometimes!! I have to look my best tho man, even if i have got a lid on!!!!

Having seen how much stuff you take I'm tad worried you aint going to have enuf space fer yer shaving foam and razor

"mirror morror on the wall who is the soothest of them all?"

rotflmmfao.gif rotflmmfao.gif

Edited by jht, 18 December 2008 - 04:55 pm.

Done: Homo sap navigation/ twisty thing on bars to make it go vroom/ grabby thing to make it stop (in front of twisty thing)/ 'leccy things front and rear to make it glow at night/ Sucky + drippy oiler thing to keep chains moist (!!) / Laser Pro Stock Race pipes / bleeding ear drums (see previous mod)
To do: Educate homo sap nav system to operate twisty + grabby things/ get ear plugs

All Trashed Now... Pants... its a Cat B Mwahahaha it lives again!!

Remember every driver is a deaf myoptic twat who is out to kill you, ALWAYS assume they are going to do THE most f*cking DUMBASS, STUPID manouver possible, at the worst possible moment; get past, and get past quick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users