• 18,197 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:46 pm

QUOTE(TDMtoraneko @ Sat 20th Feb 2010, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it'll be here quicker than you can say " TDM 900's Rock !!!" tongue.gif

What year was this g2g again? tongue.gif

Anyone got a spare boike?
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#102 Toraneko

Toraneko

Carpe Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:45 am

QUOTE(dapleb @ Sun 21st Feb 2010, 03:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We aint forgots honest just workin oout the best way of rearranging.

Never doubted you for a minute mate & thanks for getting it sorted. clapping.gif
As for a spare bike I'm sure someone would be happy to find you a loner if you're keen on the trip ?

drinks.gif

cheers, Shane from Tassie

Airbox Mod ( JBX ), Krauser K-wing mount & Top Box, TDM Shield a.k.a TigerScreen Mk 2, HyperPro progressive rate fork springs, BeoWulf - Warrior exhausts,
Stebel Compact Nautilus Air-Horn with Eastern Beaver relay kit, Eastern Beaver PC-8 switched fusebox, Powerlet BMW style power socket
plus controller & heated gloves for the missus. Oxford v7 Heated Grips, V-Strom 650 HandGuards, Fenda extenda.

#103 Toraneko

Toraneko

Carpe Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:56 am

Ok blokes & sheilas the TDUT forum is up. Many thanks to dapleb & any others involved that I am unaware of. tup.gif

Graeme, your choice of base camp looks pretty damn good to me mate. nice one!

The cost matches my current budget as well. wink.gif

Airbox Mod ( JBX ), Krauser K-wing mount & Top Box, TDM Shield a.k.a TigerScreen Mk 2, HyperPro progressive rate fork springs, BeoWulf - Warrior exhausts,
Stebel Compact Nautilus Air-Horn with Eastern Beaver relay kit, Eastern Beaver PC-8 switched fusebox, Powerlet BMW style power socket
plus controller & heated gloves for the missus. Oxford v7 Heated Grips, V-Strom 650 HandGuards, Fenda extenda.

#104 Snigdog

Snigdog

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 140 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:50 am

Graeme, Alpine Camp looks great ........and convienient short stagger from the pub !
Rick
2007 TDM 900
2006 ST1300A

#105 AzzA

AzzA

Knows more than an horses arse!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 26 February 2010 - 11:36 pm

At the top right of the page... "Options" > "Track this topic" > select an option for email updates > "Proceed".

Just a hint, now that the "TDUT 2010" thread has moved. wink.gif

Great work peoples, great work.

gallery_10460_302_12664.png

#106 AL-58

AL-58

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 27 February 2010 - 06:12 pm

QUOTE(TDMtoraneko @ Sat 20th Feb 2010, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I note the boys around Sydney area have been quiete on this. What's up with that ? wink.gif
October is a fair way off but it'll be here quicker than you can say " TDM 900's Rock !!!" tongue.gif

drinks.gif

I can only comment for me, if it's to be run during the week in the week after the PI GP there's no way I can be there it's as simple as that. Whether it's tied to the GP dates or not doesnt matter a bugger, certainly of no benefit for me anyway. And midweek outside of school holidays (I'm a teacher) is no go anyway. If I can't attend there is no point in me adding anything to the discussion either, is there.

I'm already taking extra leave to go the the OCR at Wanaaring(was Milparinka) in August, that's enough for one year.

Another time maybe, and I hope you all enjoy yourselves.

Al

Edited by AL-58, 27 February 2010 - 06:15 pm.

tdm850-spike.jpgtdm900-kosciuszko-05.jpg

#107 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:48 am

QUOTE(AL-58 @ Sun 28th Feb 2010, 05:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can only comment for me, if it's to be run during the week in the week after the PI GP there's no way I can be there it's as simple as that. Whether it's tied to the GP dates or not doesnt matter a bugger, certainly of no benefit for me anyway. And midweek outside of school holidays (I'm a teacher) is no go anyway. If I can't attend there is no point in me adding anything to the discussion either, is there.

I'm already taking extra leave to go the the OCR at Wanaaring(was Milparinka) in August, that's enough for one year.

Al

For everyones benefit, these are some relevant dates
NSW school holidays, 25 sept - 10 oct
Victorian school holidays, 18 sept - 3 oct
Tas public school Holidays - 4 Sep – 19 Sep (from Shane)
Q/land 17 sept-3oct
NT 27 sept-3 oct
WA 29th -14th
SA 25th-10th
ACT-25th-10th
Phillip island, friday 15 oct to sun 17 oct
Daylight saving starts sunday 3 oct.
The idea of running it from the monday(tuesday really) through to sunday 24th was to maybe allow for some to make as a weekend (long maybe) thing?
Do you suppose that if the national curriculum idea gets through that the holidays will be standardised too?

Edited by graeme, 03 March 2010 - 11:13 am.

#108 Toraneko

Toraneko

Carpe Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:25 am

QUOTE(AL-58 @ Sun 28th Feb 2010, 05:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Al

Tying in with the phillip Is' GP is just a suggestion it doesn't have to be so but I for one would just like to go as I've never been there before.
I believe dates are not set in stone at this point. Maybe if TDUT 2011 is in Nth Oz then during 2nd term school holidays would suite but if we
decide on Tassie as next years destination Sept is likely to be cold,wet & nasty. That's when we most of our snow but if you gents enjoy that..... smile.gif

also Tas public school Holidays - 4 Sep – 19 Sep Just in case anyone else in Tassie is reading this thread. tongue.gif

#109 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:17 am

QUOTE(TDMtoraneko @ Wed 3rd Mar 2010, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tying in with the phillip Is' GP is just a suggestion it doesn't have to be so but I for one would just like to go as I've never been there before.
I believe dates are not set in stone at this point. Maybe if TDUT 2011 is in Nth Oz then during 2nd term school holidays would suite but if we
decide on Tassie as next years destination Sept is likely to be cold,wet & nasty. That's when we most of our snow but if you gents enjoy that..... smile.gif

also Tas public school Holidays - 4 Sep – 19 Sep Just in case anyone else in Tassie is reading this thread. tongue.gif

Just to say that have edited my earlier post to include Shanes Tas dates as well as all other States / Territories.
Also, for what its worth, a TDMer who lurks on carpe, from the land of the banana benders, is interested in coming for a day or two as he will be coming for PI. How about a comment from others who might be coming because of the link with PI, or not?
Graeme

#110 Snigdog

Snigdog

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:15 am

Graeme
I dont mind when is held, I only suggested the linkage with GP because it may suit riders who are planning to come down anyway or could combine the two events.
It is difficult to organise these sorts of things as its not possible to suit everybody and you can end up moving it to suit one group only to find it excludes others.
That period around the GP is as good as youll get I reckon: there are a lot of riders around and its a good time.
Weatherwise its a bit of a lottery but thats always the case, its no better or worse than any other time really.
As a suggestion I think 3-4 days is probably long enough. This is the first TDUT and after all we tell our kids about the dangers of going off with strangers we have met on the Internet ! Say start Monday with shorter afternoon ride (allow people to get there from PI) and then allow say 2 full ride days (pick the best of your rides) and finish up with a shorter morning ride on the last day which people can join in or leave if they need to get away
Rick happy.gif
2007 TDM 900
2006 ST1300A

#111 chill

chill

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 151 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:30 am

Hi another TDM owner here but as I live in Queensland I do not know if I can take time of for a run to Vic.

#112 MotoBloke

MotoBloke

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 191 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:14 pm

QUOTE(AL-58 @ Mon 28th Dec 2009, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Easter is out for me too, I'll be at a folk festival.

Luckily I still have a TDM to talk about. My house burnt down two days ago and .......

Al

Ouch, Al. Sorry to hear of your fire, belated, as I am. blink.gif

Haven't been on Carpe for a few months - the bike being sorted and all. wub.gif
I'll be in Victoria's high country with the Clubman Tourers this Easter, so I may be able to add info on road conditions, etc. Love that area and STRONGLY welcome an Aussie RTT there.

MotoBloke
www.ShineMyBike.com
Sinny, Ostraya
98 TDM850L 4TX series aka Mk2a 146000km
Tiger screen; Laser ProStock exhaust; large old Givi topbox; ProTaper ATV 'bars; BarkBusters with Storm guards; CoyoteMoto crash knobs; Aldi GoCruise GPS; Michelin Pilot Road 3 tyres.
Previous loves:
Suzuki DL650 V-Strom K6; Honda XL600VH Transalp X 2; Suzuki GS500; Yam XTZ750 Super Tenere; Yam FJ1200U; MotoGuzzi V65 Lario; Kawa KLR600; Honda XL350 RF.

post-1-1150559830.gif

#113 Toraneko

Toraneko

Carpe Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:00 pm

QUOTE(MotoBloke @ Sun 7th Mar 2010, 04:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ouch, Al. Sorry to hear of your fire, belated, as I am. blink.gif

Haven't been on Carpe for a few months - the bike being sorted and all. wub.gif
I'll be in Victoria's high country with the Clubman Tourers this Easter, so I may be able to add info on road conditions, etc. Love that area and STRONGLY welcome an Aussie RTT there.

Ah, we hear from the Sydney contingent at last. wink.gif laugh.gif Welcome to the TDUT forum mate.
Where's all the other Sydney / NSW vegamites that were so active on Carpe last year me asks ? unsure.gif

QUOTE(graeme @ Mon 1st Mar 2010, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you suppose that if the national curriculum idea gets through that the holidays will be standardised too?

That'd be too logical Jim. tongue.gif

QUOTE(chill @ Fri 5th Mar 2010, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi another TDM owner here but as I live in Queensland I do not know if I can take time of for a run to Vic.

Welcome aboard mate. Love the avatar. rotflmmfao.gif It's a fair trip & expense from Tassie as well but I believe it will be worth it.

Edited by TDMtoraneko, 08 March 2010 - 10:02 pm.

#114 Trotski

Trotski

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:14 pm

looking foward to this trip, have we locked in dates yet? I want to put in for leave soon (lots of upcoming work it seems)
Trotski

All ways remember, A Pessimist Is Never Disappointed

'98 CT200P AutoAg , '93 Purple Kawasaki ZZR 250, 2004 Black Kawasaki ZZR 250 2005 Black Kawasaki ZZR 250
1999 Baltic Blue TDM 850 2010 Black TDM900

#115 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:02 am

QUOTE(Trotski @ Tue 9th Mar 2010, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
looking foward to this trip, have we locked in dates yet? I want to put in for leave soon (lots of upcoming work it seems)

very very soon
Graeme

#116 ibi

ibi

sticking around

• 23 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 10:34 am

Ill join the crew from NSW-WEST SYDNEY if they heading down Victoria,looking forward to the trip!!!!

#117 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2010 - 10:46 am

QUOTE(ibi @ Sun 14th Mar 2010, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ill join the crew from NSW-WEST SYDNEY if they heading down Victoria,looking forward to the trip!!!!

so dont add you to the list quite yet?
Graeme

#118 ibi

ibi

sticking around

• 23 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 11:07 am

Graeme sorry but didnt understand huh.gif your reply to my topic,can you please re-reply in different sentence please biggrin.gif

#119 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2010 - 11:21 am

QUOTE(ibi @ Sun 14th Mar 2010, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Graeme sorry but didnt understand huh.gif your reply to my topic,can you please re-reply in different sentence please biggrin.gif

No sweat, in the other topic (tdut 2010) members are confirming that they are coming. They are being added to the list (so that we know). Your reply was in this topic (area) which is cool but I understood it to mean you are coming if the others in sydney are and so i am asking you if that means that you intend to (come) but arent confirming yet because of the unknown status of the others. If you want to confirm for yourself that would be just great! good.gif
Graeme

#120 ibi

ibi

sticking around

• 23 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 09:53 pm

YEah you can put down on the list.i'll love to come regardless if no one is coming from Sydney,i just wrote it down in case if someone is coming from Sydney so i don't travel on my own but doesn't metter.BTW is there any dates set up ??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users