#61 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,183 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 29 July 2023 - 09:40 pm

Thought I'd best just check Dave over since last MOT/use was 2018!!

Installed new battery, did pre flight checks and he fired right up!! Rode around in circles on tut yard...musta been windy on the yard as me eyes started watering. 乁⁠(⁠ ⁠⁠_⁠⁠ ⁠)⁠ㄏ
༎ຶ⁠‿⁠༎ຶ

Anyyyways. Other than fuel pish from carb overflow, all ok. Soft wrap on carb didnt fixy, guess need a rebuild kit as there used to be 100s of cheap drz mankini carbs on ebay (as lots swapped for fcrs)...not any more.

Looking forward to finding time for fix n pootle.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#62 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 10,807 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 30 July 2023 - 08:44 am

Where's the time go daps, managed a couple of hours yesterday, between work/weather and hols, specially weather, 1st time out in a month, sure Dave will enjoy it  :good:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#63 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,183 posts

Posted 31 July 2023 - 07:02 pm

Good skills dabbers. Aint done any boiking this year.

Bagsied the last genuine mankini carb rebuild kit from Holland of all places. Might get it done by next year.

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#64 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,807 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 01 August 2023 - 03:30 pm

Good skills dabbers. Aint done any boiking this year.

Bagsied the last genuine mankini carb rebuild kit from Holland of all places. Might get it done by next year.

Yep, reckon you have enough on yer plate right now, Dave will still love you.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#65 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,183 posts

Posted 08 August 2023 - 12:21 pm

Carb rebuild kit ear....not in the same county as the carbs though. ರ⁠_⁠ರ

Having a read ooop on carb cleaning. In the absence of an ultrasonic cleaner oi may try hot/boiling water.

Tishabelle has aviation engineering grade cleaning equipment at work.... but not sure my old skanky carbs would be welcome. ʘ⁠‿⁠ʘ

I seem to be the last durzzz and TDM carpedian standing with my mates spongey, Pa Larkin and wicky gone.

#66 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,135 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 09 August 2023 - 08:30 pm

Dappers I have a big heated ultrasonic tank I got from Wicky, and the right solution for carbs. Youre welcome to either pop up and use it or put them in a box and post them. Ill do them and return.
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#67 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,183 posts

Posted 09 August 2023 - 09:08 pm

Thanks LH. I may well take ya up on that. Might take a few weeks ish to gerrum off and dismantle. ♪⁠┌⁠|⁠∵⁠|⁠┘⁠♪

#68 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,242 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 14 August 2023 - 05:17 am

Carb rebuild kit ear....not in the same county as the carbs though. ರ⁠_⁠ರ

Having a read ooop on carb cleaning. In the absence of an ultrasonic cleaner oi may try hot/boiling water.

Tishabelle has aviation engineering grade cleaning equipment at work.... but not sure my old skanky carbs would be welcome. ʘ⁠‿⁠ʘ

I seem to be the last durzzz and TDM carpedian standing with my mates spongey, Pa Larkin and wicky gone.

:giveusahug:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#69 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,183 posts

Posted 14 August 2023 - 12:19 pm

Apw is custodian of pa's durrrz, jist not sure if he still has tDm

#70 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,183 posts

Posted 21 August 2023 - 07:50 pm

Carb off. Very stuck boat foal screws. JIS #2 wouldnt get em. Hot water and centre punch did.

There is a solenoid type thing stuck on the side of the carbs.... wondering if that might not like being dunked in ultrasonic?

Some time to dismantle now required.

#71 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,479 posts

Posted 22 August 2023 - 06:09 am

Prob best take it off to be on the safe side. 

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#72 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,183 posts

Posted 22 August 2023 - 05:55 pm

Thanks catte...i was trying to avoid more marshmallow screws but reckon ewe is right.

#73 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,479 posts

Posted 23 August 2023 - 05:34 am

I had a drz some years ago but can't remember a leccy lump on the side. Doesn't take me to long to forget things :lol: 

I'm guessing throttle position switch?

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#74 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,242 posts

Posted 23 August 2023 - 12:03 pm

Carb off. Very stuck boat foal screws. JIS #2 wouldnt get em. Hot water and centre punch did.

There is a solenoid type thing stuck on the side of the carbs.... wondering if that might not like being dunked in ultrasonic?

Some time to dismantle now required.

Good skills Daps :)

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#75 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,183 posts

Posted 23 August 2023 - 06:31 pm

TPS on dare too Catte.

I managed to undo the solenoid location screw...also arse biscuits toight!!!

It dont come ooot all the way. Is located in boat foal, so guess some electrickery fool cut off magic!!??

Ahh its a solenoid that limits vacuum and hence dampens throttle response... sounds loike that can go in the bin!

Attached File  Screenshot_20230823-192554.png   847.69KB   0 downloads

#76 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,479 posts

Posted 24 August 2023 - 05:57 am

Over complicated crap, don't remember that on mine. At least that'll come off with the float bowl.
Thinking about it I'm pretty sure mine had a flat side on it.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#77 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,242 posts

Posted 24 August 2023 - 12:33 pm

TPS on dare too Catte.

I managed to undo the solenoid location screw...also arse biscuits toight!!!

It dont come ooot all the way. Is located in boat foal, so guess some electrickery fool cut off magic!!??

Ahh its a solenoid that limits vacuum and hence dampens throttle response... sounds loike that can go in the bin!

attachicon.gif Screenshot_20230823-192554.png

I agrozzle :D  Deffo worth a try chief :good:

#78 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,183 posts

Posted 24 August 2023 - 08:08 pm

Thanks chaps. FCRs the way to go i think. Used to be able to pick up a nearly new Mikuni fur £35/40 as everyone had taken them off from new and fitted FCRs... now even mikuni juans are £100+!!!! FCRs must be helluva lot more now.

Think oil trial none solenoid. Had a read and just need to block up some 'oles is all.

Have asked LH if it can visit him for a bath when nekked!

#79 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,479 posts

Posted 25 August 2023 - 06:02 am

Those solenoids are normally just push fit on O rings so after all this time will be tight.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#80 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,183 posts

Posted 25 August 2023 - 12:20 pm

Yeah. I didn't try to hard as wasnt sure what it was or where it went. Its just sat on a casting below the boat foal and has a grrt big nut on t'other side which should release it all and then has a poipe (also destination bin) that goes to top of carb to dia fra. Diaphrg. Rubber sheet thing. Allows air (which it gets from a separate air box poipe (yup bin)) into top to reduce vacuum in first three gears.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)