• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 11 March 2022 - 12:06 pm

Nice audio descriptions indeed, my favourite phrase at work if someone is singing is "like being serenaded by a menstrating wookie".

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#42 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,147 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 11 March 2022 - 02:46 pm

Go on Lee, wrap will set of all the nice bling matey  :lol:

never not on my Bonneville

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#43 Tor

Tor

seems to like Carpe

• 75 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 11 March 2022 - 03:16 pm

my favourite phrase at work if someone is singing is "like being serenaded by a menstrating wookie".

I can hear that

Poor engine operation was once described (was it on here??) as it ran like a burst arse. That brought out my inner Wookie larf

#44 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

full o shoite

• 2,059 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 11 March 2022 - 11:18 pm

Speaking of noises..

My mate was at the NZ Land Speed event last weekend. An interesting variety of vehicles from a 50cc 2t bike to Lambo Huracans and Mclarens. A couple of H2R's and a couple of turbo Busa's amongst a host of other things.

We watched his vids last night, the noise of these missiles at full chat is epic!

Ok, the wee fiddy 2t was a tad outclassed but you can hear it for ages...

Edited by harvey krumpet, 11 March 2022 - 11:20 pm.

TDM 850 Loud and unusual. CRM 250r Woo hoo! DT 230 Lanza Fiddled with.... Bloody hell, is that legal? GG Randonee AKA "I didn't think that was possible".

#45 Tor

Tor

seems to like Carpe

• 75 posts

Posted 12 July 2022 - 03:24 pm

So, having tried and only almost succeeded in getting a set of Remus cans in Greece I went, feckit, and ordered a set of Delkevic ovals. They'll arrive on Friday. I'll see about arranging some youtubery for sound comparison with my crackly Beowulf growlers.

Should the new cans also not quite do it for me, I'm headed to Greece again several times later in the year so I ain't givin' up.

#46 Coxylaad

Coxylaad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 14 July 2022 - 08:57 am

i have a set of akrapovics on my 900, had it for a few years now, and removed the baffles for the first time.  Had a run up to Jedburgh on Saturday, and I can honestly say removing the baffles made hardly any difference.  Actually it was quite disapointing.  on full chat they were raspy and a bit tinny if I am being honest, and the bike was defintely not as quick. So for now the baffles are going back in, until I have the time to do a map for the open exhausts for it to run on. 

#47 Tor

Tor

seems to like Carpe

• 75 posts

Posted 19 September 2022 - 11:22 am

Well so the Delkevics have now been on for a couple of months. They're almost just what I'm after, just still missing a tad more bass and higher-freq baffling. Taking the Db killers out makes a fair difference. They're quieter than the Beowulfs allround, and have a much nicer sound. I don't like popping and that, and the Delks mask it a bit when the engine is cold or not on full fuel-cut. I kinda enjoy the thrum on deceleration too.

No good videos to share yet, but will do a few flyby clips.

#48 AndyInShropshire

AndyInShropshire

arrived on last train

• 9 posts

Posted 12 October 2024 - 06:55 pm

I too appreciate sound quality; Ferraci pipes on my 916 were tuneful, they attracted attention but there was usually a smile not a scowl.

Am wondering about Remus Grand Prix, as there's a set available secondhand near me. Unbaffled as I understand it, maybe offensively loud rather than tuneful? Quite loud on youtube clips but difficult to tell really.

#49 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• 1,823 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 12 October 2024 - 10:07 pm

I had a set of Remus Grand Prix on one for a while. Far too loud for my taste. The Revolutions with baffles in are much more sensible for road use and still sound nice if you’re set on having Remus. The quality on both was good.

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Roadsmart 4s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

#50 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,262 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 13 October 2024 - 01:58 pm

Favs ? GPR cans sounded good to me 🙂

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#51 AndyInShropshire

AndyInShropshire

arrived on last train

• 9 posts

Posted 15 October 2024 - 10:14 am

trevini, apart from the removable baffle, are your Revolutions the same basic design as Grand Prix - ie perforated tube down the middle and packed with wadding outside of that?

Back in the day when I was racing, we'd make/repair our own carbon cans and the basic construction is really simple: a pair of end caps, outer tube, perforated inner tube and some wadding, rivetted together. Over time the wadding degrades, or at least ours did, such that the can became noisier with age. Refresh was a simple matter of repacking and re-rivetting.

I'm wondering if a pair of Grand Prix could be refreshed as above, perhaps with Revolution spec wadding...

Edited by AndyInShropshire, 15 October 2024 - 10:16 am.

#52 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• 1,823 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 15 October 2024 - 02:18 pm

From memory (it was a long time ago). The end caps were a different diameter (without the baffles in the revolutions), but everything else was the same. Length, design, link pipes etc. The Grand Prix end pieces were a larger diameter for the outlet.

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Roadsmart 4s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users