#21 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted Today, 05:47 am

I am following this with great interest as the smoothing of throttle response will greatly improve the 9er.

Me too. 

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#22 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,744 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted Today, 09:27 am

I am following this with great interest as the smoothing of throttle response will greatly improve the 9er.

:good:

What I know so far is that you can go ahead and ground the neutral switch wire to cancel fuel cutting. You don't need to even disconnect the neutral switch first, as far as I can tell, if you just want to try it out temporarily to see if you feel it helps with riding smoothly

The negatives are that the neutral light will always be on, and starting the bike in gear might be possible without pulling the clutch in.(but if you know it's in neutral, it won't be an issue)

I'm just this moment looking at a bypass relay. A cheap module from ebay, with a built in timer and a relay - as long as the module gets pulses from the front sprocket sensor (or wheel speed sensor on an ABS equipped bike) it will deactivate the neutral lamp circuit, by keeping it open to extinguish the neutral lamp while the bikes moves forwards. This would need connections to at least 2 wires in the harness, as well as 12V, and GND. By adding another wire connection it could be made so that it automatically disconnects the neutral grounding wire circuit if the engine isn't running, meaning that starting up would be the same as it is now, with no risk of starting while in gear.

I might make something myself though. It would need to be 'optically isolated' for safety, this means that only a miniscule amount of current is taken from the host circuit in order to read the sensor, without any risk of shorting it out while riding .

When I come up with a fix which is a bit more elegant than a piece of black tape over the neutral indication lamp I'll post a message about it here. But for now I'm going to live with a simple switch while I have a think about

Edited by fixitsan, Today, 09:30 am.

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#23 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,744 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted Today, 09:38 am

I've just ordered one of these. It has the time delay, the 5V pulse input, and optical isolation all together on one PCB.

If it works it's a cheap fix !

https://www.ebay.co....emis&media=COPY

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users